Here we explain why Finespirits.auction is the best solution for selling on your whisky and rare spirits.
Finespirits.auction is the newest – and France’s only! – site specialised in the sale of fine spirits at auction. Founded towards the end of 2020 by La Maison du Whisky, France’s spirits specialist since 1956, and iDealwine, global leader in online wine auctions, this is a venture that brings together two of France’s drinks business champions.
With such high-quality credentials, it’s no surprise that the first of our auctions (20th November to 11th December 2020) fulfilled its promise: 85% of the lots put up for sale were successfully sold, with an average of 5 bids per lot. These are extremely encouraging results, confirming great potential for auctions to come.
Why choose Finespirits.auction to sell your spirits?
- It’s France’s (and soon-to-be Europe’s!) go-to site.
- You benefit from the experience and expertise of France’s top wine auctioneer, including a highly qualified selling team ready to give bespoke advice.
- You’ll also be advised by experts from La Maison du Whisky who have comprehensive knowledge of these products and their market.
- Auctions are the best way to sell your spirits in the safest possible conditions: at market price, with an audience of clients from 60 countries (including collectors, VIP clients, and even professionals), as well as worldwide promotion.
- You are covered by all possible legal guarantees: on the running of the auction via a licensed auctioneer (a certified official to ensure regulations are met), insurance on your products once they’ve left your cellar, and guaranteed payment 35 days after your bottles are sold (note that most auction houses wait until the buyer has paid).
How do you sell your spirits at Finespirits.auction?
The process for selling with us is a smooth one. Once you’ve decided which spirits you’d like to sell, send us a free estimation request via the online form, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us the details about your selected product. If you have a lot of bottles you’d like to sell, you can give us the details in an Excel file. Our team will respond within 48-72 hours.
If you are happy with the price estimates given and wish to proceed with selling your spirits, all that’s left is to choose how to get the bottles to us:
- Spirits can be dropped off directly at our warehouse in Colombes (Paris) during office hours; you will need to make an appointment in advance.
- iDealwine can collect the bottles from your cellar; we can provide an invoice within a few days.
- You can send the bottles via Colissimo: we’ll send specialist packaging for you to box your spirits and take them to the post office with the stamp provided. The total cost of this includes transport and ad-valorem insurance. The packages are prepaid with a tracking number and proof of receipt.
You will be advised throughout the process of selling your bottles (how to split your lots, starting prices, the best time to sell), during the auction, and even once the sale is closed.
Every sale takes place at FineSpirits.Auction for around 15 days. Once the sale is closed, the results will be sent no more than 24 hours later. You will receive payment via bank transfer for the bottles sold 35 days after the auction closes. Any bottles that haven’t found a buyer will be put up for sale in the following auction, with a potential review of the starting price. Otherwise, you can ask to have your spirits returned.